Bowmar Appraisal is a mass appraisal company who is contracted out by over 80 communities throughout the State of Wisconsin. We serve communities both small and large with the same quality of service. Some of the services include but are not limited to the following:
Complete reassessments of municipalities as the acting assessor or in a consulting manner with your appointed assessor.
- Following the strict guidelines set fourth by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue in Chapter 70.
- Discover, list, and value all properties in your municipality.
- Conducting exterior and interior inspections of residential and commercial properties.
- Applying values to each parcel using one of the three main approaches of value or a combination of them. They include the market approach, income approach or cost approach. Each value is based on factual information of the current market.
- Making all assessments fair and equitable based on the current market conditions, so each property owner is only paying their fair share of the tax burden.
- Attend all open book proceedings to politely and openly discuss any concerns over our values with property owners.
- Attend Board of Review hearings to defend the values.
Yearly maintenance of your municipality as the acting assessor.
- Completing the daily responsibilities of the assessor
- Discovering, listing, and valuing all new buildings and permit work done each year.
- Handling all Personal Property needs.
- Working closely with the community and citizens to answer any questions or concerns that may come up throughout the year.